Male Empowerment or Rape Culture How to?
I want to apologize for my absence it has been quite a busy semester for me as well as many of you I’m sure.
This week I wanted to discuss a website I stumbled on. It is called returnofkings which discusses male empowerment for the “masculine” man. While I do not find empowerment a bad thing when done with the right intention, this website is full of rape culture. Below I have added the About Section from the website. Since I, as a woman, cannot comment on the website for discussion I will settle for having you all learn about them through my commentary on this blog. I would also like to precursor this post by saying I do believe in free speech and with that these men have the right to post about wanting to promote male dominance. Since free speech goes both ways I in turn have the right to provide commentary on my own forum to discuss the topics of misogyny and rape culture that this site promotes.
Return Of Kings is a blog for heterosexual, masculine men. It’s meant for a small but vocal collection of men in America today who believe men should be masculine and women should be feminine.
ROK aims to usher the return of the masculine man in a world where masculinity is being increasingly punished and shamed in favor of creating an androgynous and politically-correct society that allows women to assert superiority and control over men. Sadly, yesterday’s masculinity is today’s misogyny. The site intends to be a safe space on the web for those men who don’t agree with the direction that Western culture is headed.
ROK Community Beliefs:
1. Men and women are genetically different, both physically and mentally. Sex roles evolved in all mammals. Humans are not exempt.
2. Women are sluts if they sleep around, but men are not. This fact is due to the biological differences between men and women.
3. Men will opt out of monogamy and reproduction if there are no incentives to engage in them.
4. Past traditions and rituals that evolved alongside humanity served a net benefit to the family unit.
5. Testosterone is the biological cause for masculinity. Environmental changes that reduce the hormone’s concentration in men will cause them to be weaker and more feminine.
6. A woman’s value is mainly determined by her fertility and beauty. A man’s value is mainly determined by his resources, intellect, and character.
7. Elimination of traditional gender roles and the promotion of unlimited mating choice in women unleashes their promiscuity and other negative behaviors that block family formation.
8. Socialism, feminism, and cultural Marxism cause societies to decline because they destroy the family unit, decrease the fertility rate, and require large entitlements that impoverish the state.
ROK is published by Roosh V.
I only wonder how inclusive and idealistic a blog can be when they state outright that individuals who do not represent their supposed glorified population are prohibited from sharing their commentary. During my very first blog post last year I received a negative comment on my thoughts. I was called a neo-feminist which is, for those who don’t know, a man-hating feminist who discredits all male opinion and blames them essentially for the downfall of society. I think that is a bit dramatic, yes I am a feminist but I do not stand here burning my bra on Main Street persecuting all men who fall within my sights. While this comment was negative, I did not delete it, you can find it on that post if you look back. I promote a free environment for individuals to share ideals. I allow anyone to comment on my posts, because it is my opinion. Part of education is to learn by challenge, I hope I have shown you all that I do want my readers to ask questions if they do not agree. I promote dialogue because no one person is right, I also do not say this blog is exclusively for individuals who side with me. The point of a website, blog or any other forum is to discuss and learn, not to exclude those who may challenge.
So no this site is not a joke and it is full of contradictions. On the website you will find an article titled “How to close with women.” It is a 2 part saga wherein the author details the steps needed to trick a women into sleeping with you. Now I say trick because the author specifies using misleading and vague messages when trying to get women into bed. He purposefully uses these techniques and ploys so men can supposedly get what they want. Throughout the article the author is teaching you how to “close” with a woman who is referred to as Starbucks Slut… Now my biggest issue with that phrase draws from the fact that the website publicly slut shames women and yet they want to sleep with women they themselves deem as sluts. What does it say about a culture where you state how horrible a female is but you still want to speak to them and have sex with them.
I invite you to look at the website and see what you think. Comment or challenge me if you want. This forum is for discussion and widening people’s horizons around rape culture.
So have a happy finals week!
Happy Holidays Wildcats, Play Safe